Dorixina Relax: Para que sirve
Dorixina Relax is a drug composed of lysine clonixinate and cyclobenzaprine, this combination helps relieve pain while relaxing muscle spasms.
What is Dorixina used for?
For this reason, the drug is used in the treatment of pain occurring in the skeletal and muscular system, especially for:
- muscle strains;
- low back pain, neck pain, sprains, and myalgia;
- cervical radiculopathy, back pain and sprains;
- muscle contractures caused by trauma;
- fractures, fibromyalgia, and degenerative osteoarthritis.
Lysine is an amino acid used to treat herpes simplex, measles, anemia, mental concentration problems, weight loss, stomach disorders, osteoporosis, and tendonitis.
Cyclobenzaprine refers to medications known as muscle-skeletal relaxants and is used in physical therapy, the drug serves to relax muscles, relieve pain and discomfort caused by muscle tension caused by muscle strains or injuries.
Dorixina: Side Effects
Dorixina can cause unwanted side effects if simple medical advice is not followed, including:
- Impaired consciousness;
- Chest pain;
- Various swelling.
- increased heart rate;
- abnormal heart rhythm;
- dilation of blood vessels;
- lowering of blood pressure;
- increased blood pressure;
- myocardial infarction;
- cardiac conduction disorders;
- impaired cerebral circulation.
- decrease in body weight;
- stool disorder;
- increased gassiness;
- swelling of the tongue;
- impaired liver function;
- inflammation of the liver parenchyma;
- bile outflow disorder;
- intestinal obstruction of the paralytic type;
- erythema of the skin and mucous membranes;
- inflammation of parotid glands;
- discoloration of the tongue;
- stomatitis of tongue, cheeks, gums.
Endocrine system disorders:
- disruption of ADH secretion.
Blood and lymphatic system disorders:
- suppression of hematopoiesis;
- decreased level of leukocytes and thrombocytes;
- increased level of eosinophils.
- Quincke's edema;
- facial puffiness;
- rash, itching.
Nervous system disorders:
- impaired coordination;
- impaired speech;
- increased BP;
- disorientation in space;
- Bell's palsy;
- extrapyramidal disorders;
- peripheral nerve damage.
- mood depression;
- emotional agitation;
- distorted thoughts and dreams;
- increased CNS serotonergic activity;
- malignant neuroleptic syndrome;
- increased or decreased sex drive;
- wobbly gait;
- EEG changes.
Difficulty in breathing.
Skin and subcutaneous – fatty tissue:
- increased sweating;
- increased sensitivity to ultraviolet light.
- impaired taste;
- polyuria or oliguria;
- dilation of the urinary tract;
- decreased potency;
- edema of the testicles
Adverse reactions may also occur, such as enlargement of the breast in men and milk production in men and women.
The above effects are the main ones, so consult your doctor if you feel unwell.
The half-life of Dorixina medicine
It is converted in the liver and excreted mainly in the kidneys. Eliminated from the body quite slowly. The half-life lasts 1 to 3 days.
Dosage and method of administration
Dorixina Relax 125/5 mg is a coated tablet. Take 1 tablet 3 times a day at intervals of 8 hours, depending on the severity of the pain syndrome. The tablets are swallowed whole, without chewing, and with plenty of water. The maximum dosage is 6 tablets per day. Continuous use for more than 2-3 weeks is not recommended.
Dorixina medication may not be used under the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the medication (lysine, clonixinate, cyclobenzaprine)
- Peptic ulcer or gastrointestinal bleeding in the history
- During pregnancy
- Children and adolescents under 15 years of age
- Bronchial spasm, nasal polyposis, Quincke's edema, urticaria in anamnesis caused by taking aspirin or other NSAIDs
- Due to the presence of cyclobenzaprine in the drug during treatment with monoamine oxidase inhibitors and after 2 weeks of withdrawal
- Recent myocardial infarction, cardiac rhythm disorder, heart failure, right/left/anterior branches of the Gis bundle branch block, blockages, thyroid hyperfunction.
People with reduced renal perfusion when taking Dorixina may experience decompensation of renal function, which resolves after discontinuation of the drug. Patients at risk for this condition include those with dehydration, congestive CH, cirrhotic liver parenchyma damage, nephrotic syndrome, or other renal pathologies. As well as patients taking diuretics or operated patients with subsequent reduction in circulating blood volume.
Such patients should monitor the volume of fluid they drink and excreted from the start of treatment with Dorixina Relax 125/5 mg.
The effects of taking NSAIDs that have not been mentioned before include an increase in plasma ALAT, AST, GGT, as well as impairment of other hepatic functions. In the vast majority of cases, the increase in these parameters is not many times greater than normal.
Due to the presence of cyclobenzaprine, which is related to tricyclic antidepressants and anticholinergic agents by means of chemical bonds, the drug Dorixina should be used with caution in people with acute or chronic urinary outflow disorder, closed-angle glaucoma, ophthalmoplegia.
Cyclobenzaprine can reduce mental as well as physical ability to drive vehicles and mechanisms.
Although numerous studies on teratogenic effects on the fetus have no evidence base, use of this drug in pregnant women is not recommended.
Interaction with other drugs
While using Dorixina, let your doctor know about the medications you are taking. Do not take Dorixina with the following drugs:
- NSAIDs containing a high dose of acetylsalicylic acid. There is an increased risk of gastric and 12 duodenal ulcers, and gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Anticoagulants such as Ticlopidine, Heparin, and other thrombolytic agents because of the possible occurrence of bleeding. If simultaneous use of these drugs is necessary, it is important to monitor blood coagulogram indicators and adjust drug doses if possible.
- Lithium. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs increase lithium levels in the blood. Therefore, the amount of lithium before and after taking Dorixina medication should be clearly controlled.
- Methotrexate should not be combined with taking NSAIDs and methotrexate since Dorixina can increase the toxic effects of methotrexate on the body. In such situations, constant checks should be carried out.
- Diuretics. Patients with dehydration taking Dorixina Relax increase the risk of ARF. With the simultaneous use of these drugs, it is necessary to monitor renal function and sufficiently flood the body.
- Antihypertensive drugs from the group of beta-blockers, ACE, vasodilators, and diuretics. The ineffectiveness of antihypertensive drugs due to simultaneous use with Dorixina has been proven. This is due to the delayed action of vasodilating prostaglandins.
- The use of Dorixina with monoamine oxidase inhibitors can lead to the occurrence of hyperthermic crises, seizures, and even death.
There is a possibility that simultaneous use may limit the antihypertensive effect of Guanethidine and similar compounds.
You can order Dorixina from an online pharmacy. You must have a prescription from your doctor to purchase this medicine.read more